Surgical anesthesiology and resuscitation service
- Ensuring the comfort and safety of patients during the medical or surgical procedures and ensuring an optimal analgesia to reduce or eliminate the physiological and psychological effects of interventional procedures.
- Ensuring the postoperative care of patients in critical condition and / or who undergo major surgeries (neurosurgery, cardiac surgery, thoracic surgery, cancer surgery, heavy abdominal surgery).
I. ANESTHESIA SERVICE :
7 Surgical anesthesiologists assisted by 18 senior anesthesia technicians to provide anesthesia procedures:
- In the operating theater
- At the ophthalmology unit
- In the delivery rooms
- On the technical platforms (endoscopy, interventional endovascular cardiology, interventional radiology).
- They take control of all surgical and obstetric emergencies.
- A system of dual list Guard and standby (in surgery and obstetrics) guarantees the immediate presence of an anesthesiologist in the operational surgical and obstetrical theaters 24h/24 and 7/7.
- They provide perioperative care and management of pain for the hospitalized patients.
- They receive patients in pre-anesthetic consultation.
The anesthetic technical platform is uniform in all the operating rooms (11 room) with anesthetic ventilators and monitors of last generation allowing multimodal surveillance.
For heart surgery, a cardiopulmonary bypass pump is available in the operating theater; it is under responsibility of the anesthesiologist and the percussionist nurse;
The ultrasound loco-regional anesthesia is currently practiced as well as the installation of the central vascular tracts through the use of a locating ultrasound machine for the nerves and blood vessels.
THE POSTOPERATIVE SURVEILLANCE ROOM (PSR): 14 stations equipped with a multimodal monitoring material and management of vital emergencies; the functioning of the PSR is under responsibility of a medical team of anesthesiologists assisted by the senior anesthesia technicians.
THE SURGICAL RESCUCITATION SERVICE :
This unit receives patients requiring careful oversight and an eventual implementation of specific secondary procedures specific to the severity of their clinical condition, to the complexity and/or the heaviness of the surgical procedures undertaken.
13 BEDS OF SURGICAL RESUSCITATION equipped with the latest generation surveillance equipment allowing a multimodal monitoring, a pump against aortic pulse, a pump of extra-renal purification type hemofiltration as well as all the necessary material to manage vital distresses.
The operation of the surgical resuscitation unit is ensured by the anesthesiologist doctors according to a call schedule of vital emergencies, which guarantee the presence of an anesthesiologist 24h/24 and 7/7.
In case of a vital emergency in the hospital centre within a specific procedure, the resuscitators can be brought to intervene at any time, any place, for a patient with a life-threatening emergency.